- POSITION TITLE: National Program Manager
- REPORTING TO: Managing Trustee
- OFFICE LOCATION: Kadugodi, Bangalore
- EMPLOYER: Opportunity Foundation Trust
SCOPE – POSITION SUMMARY:
Avasar is seeking an experienced National Program Manager (NPM) to oversee the implementation and expansion of the Avasar program. The program seeks to help underprivileged girls from education to employment through scholarship grant, training and development interventions and such other initiatives which makes them better and quickly employable on the completion of their academic pursuits.
NPM will work mainly on implementing the Avasar program by working with local partners in Chennai, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad in addition to Bangalore, the National Headquarter.
NPM will also assist Managing Trustee in overseeing day-to-day office administrative and communication tasks in the National Headquarters of the Trust at Bangalore.
In Avasar’s three years of operation since formation in November 2012, it has established a Scholarship Program for underprivileged girls at Bangalore; a computer lab using refurbished computers; facilitated weekend tutorial classes for grant recipients. Plans are being made to establish and run an off shoot organization viz. Avasar Leadership Academy.
National expansion plans are drawn and Bangalore will remain headquarter for the establishment.
National Program Objectives
- Identify and establish Avasar Centers at Chennai, Mumbai, Gurgaon, Ahmedabad and Hyderabad in a phased manner and in line with strategic expansion plans.
- Build the network of Volunteers at all locations to assist with running day to day operations at each of the locations.
- Regularly document and report activities performed for communications to Donors, Trustees and regulatory bodies.
Identify highly talented but underprivileged girls (typically from BPL families)
- Validate talent by scrutiny of both mark sheets and via assessment interviews. It is important to assess attitudes rather than absolute scores acquired in tests at school.
- Validate deserving aspect of the candidate by inspecting family income documents, interview with parents and interviewing ‘others’
- Facilitate tuitions via volunteer teachers on weekends for the grant recipients.
- Establish and nurture relationships with target government schools to deploy the program.
- Establish and run computer labs at target government schools.
- Conduct monthly review meetings of grant recipients.
The Trust is entirely run by Voluntary Donations from friends of families at a Global Logistics major. Access to Corporate CSR funds is a possibility and is the future sustainability strategy for the trust in addition to voluntary donations.
- Program implementation, oversight and development
- Leads the implementation of the National Program.
- Organizes trainings, roundtables, networking events and other activities to achieve the goal of the National Program
- Works together with Chapter management team for future program development of the program.
- Assembles and authors guidelines and toolkits for use and learn from in order to become more effective
- Develops work plans, budgets and progress reports as required by law, donors and other partners
- Maintains relationships with current and potential funding sponsors and networks with others in order to create a network of community stakeholders.
- Communication & Monitor and Evaluation
- Represents Avasar to NGO partners, government officials, funding sources, other partners, beneficiaries, and at conferences and other outreach opportunities
- Ensures monitoring and evaluation activities and reporting meet Avasar’s standards, and are completed on schedule
- Reviews and finalizes program reports
- Financial management and grant oversight
- Responsible for implementing activities in accordance with project or activity budgets.
- Consults with project accountant and Finance and Administration Manager regarding best practices for financial administration of project work
- Develops and monitors the grant agreements and sub-agreements for project partners
- Works with finance staff and Avasar Governing Council Groups to revise budgets, as needed
- Assists in the implementation of other programs activities, as needed
- Supports the Managing Trustees office in various administrative tasks
- Reports to Managing Trustee
- For NGO capacity building program related responsibilities, reports to Avasar Governing Council.
- Coordinates closely with the Chapter Management Leaders.
- Provides support and interacts with other key program staff at the Trust
- Communicates as needed with
- A Post Graduate in Social Work is preferred but not essential.
- Previous experience or understanding of the NGO sector in India.
- Proven project management skills with experience managing multiple projects and/or working for a Large Organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills and mentoring skills to work effectively with partners/clients.
- A track record that demonstrates energy and creativity, and the ability to successfully prioritize and manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in project planning, financial management, program monitoring, report writing, and identifying and procuring technical assistance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- Experience in data processing (Microsoft Word), spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel), E-mail, and Internet browser software.
- Strong English skills.
Travel & Working Conditions
- Should be open to ‘Day Trips’ to Chennai, Mumbai, and Gurgaon once every 3 months.
- Within Bangalore, there is an opportunity to ‘Work from Home’ 50% of work week.
- Work week for NGO begins Saturdays and weekend will be Wednesday!
An all-inclusive honorarium will be paid on monthly basis. There will be a minimum of 3 months’ notice period to exist from engagement.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2015
TO APPLY: Submit cover letter, resume, and salary history by Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Avasar is an equal opportunity employer