Avasa Foundation strongly believes that, “Ability is nothing without opportunity.” Founded in 2012, Avasar has come a long way since its inception. Avasar encompasses large-scale projects in the areas of Girls’ education and digital literacy. Based out of Bangalore Avasar has now extended its ambit across 5 cities in India- Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Pune.
Our Programs include:
- Avasar Scholarship Program– Support the education of underprivileged girls with a 5 to 6 years Scholarship Program for meritorious girls from families from below poverty line.
- Driving Digital Literacy– Driving Digital Literacy is a program supported by Corporate CSR Funding and under this program, Avasar has established State of Art Computer Labs in Government and Some Aided Schools.
- Avasar Training Centre– At this Training Center, Avasar conducts Employability Enhancement Training Programs to identified students from neighbourhood government colleges.
- Driving Science Literacy– To drive science literacy and to create an enquiring mind, Avasar has donated Science Labs Kits to 10 Different Schools in Bangalore. These Labs are Micro Labs, designed and developed by NCERT.
- Avasar Foundation Schools – The Avasar playschool is a new 2018 initiative begun to give government school children a two-year head start. There are 5, 100% Free Preprimary Schools as of September 2021, 4 in Bangalore and 1 in Bangalore.
This small organization comprises of dedicated and hardworking members who are working to achieve Avasar’s vision every day. Over the years Avasar’s journey has been marked with many milestones, engaging in campaigns, and above all driving change.
The foundation was established by Anand Chaturvedi & Sriram S N. A Governing Council is responsible for effective functioning of the Trust.
- Opportunity Foundation Trust, known as The Avasar Foundation, was registered on November 2, 2012, as a Public Charitable Trust No: BK IV – 129 / 2012 at Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Registered with the Income Tax Department under Sec. 12AA CERT: AAATO3610NE20214
- Registered with the Income Tax Department under Sec. 80 G (5)(vi) CERT: AAATO3610NF20214
- Registered with Home Ministry, Government of India, under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 on 12 April 2018 vide registration number 094421731.
- In June 2020, we have now incorporated as a Sec. 8 Nonprofit Company. Following are the Credentials of the Sec. 8 Company:
CIN : U85310KA2020NPL13521580G CERT : AATCA5942KF2021412A CERT : AATCA5942KE20216