Avasar strongly believes that, “Ability is nothing without opportunity.” Founded in 2012, Avasar has come a long way since its inception. Avasar encompasses large-scale projects in the areas of Girls’ education and digital literacy. Based out of Bangalore Avasar has now extended its ambit across 5 cities in India- Delhi NCR, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Pune.
Avasar’s projects include:
- Avasar Scholarship Program– Support the education of underprivileged girls with a 5 to 6 years Scholarship Program for meritorious girls from families from below poverty line.
- Driving Digital Literacy– Driving Digital Literacy is a program supported by Corporate CSR Funding and under this program, Avasar has established State of Art Computer Labs in Government and Some Aided Schools.
- Avasar Training Centre– At this Training Center, Avasar conducts Employability Enhancement Training Programs to identified students from neighbourhood government colleges.
- Driving Science Literacy– To drive science literacy and to create an enquiring mind, Avasar has donated Science Labs Kits to 10 Different Schools in Bangalore. These Labs are Micro Labs, designed and developed by NCERT.
- Avasar Play School– The Avasar playschool is a new 2018 initiative begun to give government school children a two-year head start. This free-of-cost project will take off on 6th July in Bengaluru.
This small organisation comprises of dedicated and hardworking members who are working to achieve Avasar’s vision every day. Over the years Avasar’s journey has been marked with many milestones, engaging in campaigns, and above all driving change.
The foundation was established by Anand Chaturvedi & Sriram S N. A Governing Council is responsible for effective functioning of the Trust.
- Opportunity Foundation Trust, known as The Avasar Foundation, was registered on November 2, 2012, as a Public Charitable Trust No: BK IV – 129 / 2012 at Bangalore, Karnataka.
- Registered with the Income Tax Department under Sec. 12AA vide ref number at DIT(E)BLR/12AA/E-370/17(M)/AAATO3610N/ITO(E)-2/2013-14.
- Registered with the Income Tax Department under Sec. 80 G (5)(vi) vide ref number at DIT(E)BLR/80G/E-370/17(M)/AAATO3610N/ITO(E)-2/2013-14.
- Registered with Home Ministry, Government of India, under Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act, 2010 on 12 April 2018 vide registration number 094421731.